Member Personal Training Services Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: 29 Feb 2024
Welcome to Personal Training Services at Serco Leisure/More. Our aim is to provide a high standard of service through our experienced and qualified Health and Fitness Coaches/Sub-Contracted Personal Trainers and who are committed to helping you achieve your health and fitness goals.
Should you have any questions about your Personal Training service, quality of session, terms and conditions or client agreement than please speak to our reception team.
Personal Training Services are only available to a member who holds a valid and up to date membership account with us. Please be aware that Personal Training Services cannot be used or redeemed whilst your account is in arrears, is frozen or expired.
All services provided under the Personal Training Heading (1-2-1 PT, Couple PT and Group PT) is undertaken on the understanding that these are non-refundable in the case of you choosing not to use your sessions paid for (please see 0.0 regarding cancellations and rearranging your sessions).
By agreeing to these terms and conditions (t&c’s) you confirm that you are not aware of any medical or other condition that would affect your ability to attend your Personal Training sessions.
Personal Training Terms and Conditions
- These t&c’s are in addition to the terms and conditions of your membership which can be found in the members area online.
- We reserve the right to amend or change these terms and conditions and will notify you if we do.
Ability and Liability
- You have agreed as part of your membership terms and conditions to abide by our Health Commitment Statement. As part of that agreement, you must notify us if there is a change to your health or health conditions that may affect your participation in physical activity.
- Serco Leisure/More Fitness are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable (loss of damage is foreseeable if it is obvious it will happen).
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence of our employed Personal Trainers or subcontracted Personal Trainers or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
Payments and Bookings
- You must use your entry card at reception, either by automated swipe or by handing your card to reception as this will record your attendance and redeem your pre-booked PT session.
- All payments for Personal Training Services must via the facility reception and not directly with your chosen trainer.
- All Personal Training sessions must be paid for in advance of any sessions taking place.
- You may purchase sessions in 30 minutes, 45 minute or 60 minutes timeframes.
- Payment maybe made via cash, card or Direct Debit* (*block sessions only).
- All Personal Training single sessions, block bookings or Direct Debit payments are subject to the following period of expiry:
Pay as you go sessions
1 month from date of purchase
2 months from date of purchase
3 months from date of purchase
4 months from date of purchase
6 months from date of purchase
Direct Debit Payments
Within that calendar month*
Personal Training by Direct Debit
- These provisions apply where you have chosen to pay for Personal Training services by monthly Direct Debit.
- All payments for Personal Training sessions via Direct Debit must be paid for on or after the first working day of the month (via Direct Debit) inline with your membership fee schedule in respect for Personal Training sessions scheduled for that month.
- The first payment in your schedule will be due on the next calendar month after the date of the booking acceptance. Should you wish to purchase initial sessions in addition to this schedule or need to book sessions prior to the first payment schedule, these are available at reception.
- Additional sessions can be purchased on top of your Direct Debit allocation; however, sessions cannot be refunded or be carried over into the next calendar month.
- A minimum term of 3 months is required when purchasing Personal Training by Direct Debit.
- All Personal Training Sessions paid for via Direct Debit will expire and deemed used (even if not actually used) at the end of the calendar month in which the Direct Debit was taken.
- No refunds will be given for any sessions not used in the same month as the related direct debit payment.
- No sessions paid for by Direct Debit will be carried over to future months except in exceptional circumstances and with the express authorisation of the Health and Fitness Manager or Facility Manager.
- Should your account fall into arrears at any stage (because we have been unable to collect your Direct Debit at your bank) then Personal Training services will be suspended until your account has been brought back to standing.
- To cancel your Personal Training Services paid for by Direct Debit, you must notify us in writing no later than the 20th of the month prior to the month in which the Direct Debit is to be collected. If we receive notification no later than the 20th, we will not collect any further Direct Debit payments for any Personal Training sessions (membership or any other related payments remains unaffected).
- Personal Training services can only be frozen in conjunction with your membership being frozen in accordance with membership terms on membership freeze.
- To cancel your Personal Training Services paid for by Direct Debit, you must notify us in writing no later than the 20th of the month prior to the month in which the Direct Debit is to be collected. If we receive notification no later than the 20th, we will not collect any further Direct Debit payments for any Personal Training sessions (membership or any other related payments remains unaffected). NB: Your minimum of 3-months must be served before you can cancel your Personal Training Direct Debit agreement.
- If you need to cancel a Personal Training session that you have booked, you must give a minimum of 24 hours’ notice of cancellation. Failure to do so will result in your session being charged at the full rate.
- If for any reason we need to cancel a session that you have booked within 24 hours, your next session will be delivered free of charge.
- If you are unable to complete your sessions due to a medical reason a refund maybe given if you can provide proof of your medical condition. You will need to provide us with evidence explaining that you are unable to continue for medical reasons and a time frame for these restrictions. Refunds cannot be given under any other circumstances.
- If your Personal Trainer is on holiday or otherwise absent, please contact reception and you will be allocated a temporary trainer for the duration of the absence. If we are unable to provide a temporary trainer, then a full refund will be given.
- Should your trainer leave our employment or business, we will allocate you another trainer and will supply them with your complete training history. If another trainer cannot be supplied, then a full refund will be given for that session or sessions outstanding.
- If you decide to end your membership with us, no refunds will be given on outstanding sessions.
- If you would like to change trainers for any reason, please contact the reception and they can change you to another trainer in the facility.
- Should you experience and pain or discomfort or injury during your session, please let us know immediately and we can take the appropriate action.
- During your Personal Training, health concerns that may arise may require further input form a health professional such as doctor, physiotherapist, Chiropractor or Sport therapist. If such concerns arise, then where possible you should consult the appropriate health care professional before continuing your training sessions.
- Please be aware that whilst your trainer has a minimum of Level 3 Personal Trainer qualification, they are not qualified health care professional and cannot prescribe treatment or diagnose any kind of injury, disease, or any other medical problem.
As part of purchasing Personal Training services, you have opted into these terms and conditions. If you have any further questions regarding the terms and conditions, then please contact your facility reception.