Safeguarding Policy Statement
Last Updated: 28 May 2021
Holme Pierrepont Country Park (HPCP) is committed to protecting the rights, and physical and psychological well-being of children and vulnerable adults to safeguard them from all forms of abuse. We will operate in ways that best safeguard the interests of children and vulnerable adults.
We recognise that:
- The needs, interests and welfare of children and vulnerable adults are paramount
- All HPCP employees carry a responsibility for safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and have a duty to raise safeguarding concerns relating to the behaviour of colleagues or users of the facility
- All children and vulnerable adults whatever their age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity have a right to protection from abuse
We will seek to keep children and vulnerable adults safe by:
- Recruiting all our staff and volunteers carefully, ensuring Disclosure & Barring service checks are undertaken as appropriate and they hold relevant qualifications and certification.
- Ensuring all staff receive safeguarding training to ensure they recognise the signs of abuse and accept responsibility for helping to prevent the abuse of children and vulnerable adults in their care
- Appointing a ‘ designated lead manager’ who will take specific responsibility for safeguarding and act as the main point of contact for parents, families, carers, children and external agencies
- Providing parents, families, carers and children with the opportunity to voice any concerns they may have
- Responding swiftly and appropriately to all suspicions or allegations of abuse, utilising our Safeguarding procedure to manage any allegations appropriately
- Maintaining and regularly reviewing the HPCP Safeguarding Procedure and
- Guidelines, including actions to be taken in the event of an allegation of abuse by a member of staff, a customer, club member, or hirer of our facilities
- Recording and storing information professionally and securely
- Working together with Clients Safeguarding Boards and other agencies as appropriate
If you have an immediate safeguarding concern, please contact the Duty Manager, in confidence, in the first instance.
This policy statement is supported by HPCP’s Safeguarding Procedure and Guidelines and our Code of Conduct.